Primary responsibility is new product development with an emphasis on refrigeration sealed and air flow systems. This position will design and develop new components and overall refrigeration systems for residential refrigeration appliances, which includes food preservation, energy efficiency, air flow and overall refrigeration performance.
- Engineer new product development refrigeration systems and component designs to meet regulatory standards and performance requirements from product initiation into production.
- Generate and convert ideas into working design solutions while working independently and within cross-functional teams
- Evaluate design alternatives based on cost, quality and performance.
- Resolve on-going issues as related to agency, assembly, reliability, quality, fabrication, and testing.
- Active member of the new product development team with a willingness to work with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Establish and follow test procedures to validate design concepts.
- Direct and guide lab technicians, designers and drafters while completing tasks to meet project goals.
- Plan, schedule and organize workload
- Self-starter who is able to satisfy their goals and timelines