Supports the development and production readiness of electrified products. Performs tests on electrical components, troubleshoots, and calibrates equipment as required. Writes basic reports and communicates results.
*Diesel Progress Award Winner! Electrification Newsmaker of the Year - Briggs & Stratton's Vanguard & Argo!
“Briggs & Stratton and Argo are to be congratulated for a very innovative development of an electric unmanned ground vehicle using one of the first serviceable, scaleable batteries in the industry.”
- Supports the battery pack or other component development and production area
- Analyzes, interprets and communicates test/production results
- Develops new test set-ups and test methods or production equipment
- Calibrates equipment
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Skills Requirements
- Ability to set-up, calibrate and use basic electrical measurement devices
- Strong understanding of electrical and electronic circuits and devices
- Ability to assemble, troubleshoot, and repair electrical prototypes and equipment
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location
Associates Degree in Electronic Technology or related field, or equivalent education and experience
Minimum of three years' experience working with electrical and electronic systems, circuits, hand tools, soldering, wiring, assembly of electrical prototypes or production of electrical components.
Physical & Environmental Requirements
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world's largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America's number one marketer of pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of power generation, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton, Simplicity, Snapper, Snapper Pro Ferris, PowerBoss, Allmand, Billy Goat, Murray, Branco and Victa brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.