Operates production equipment in accordance to established procedures and specifications.
- Moves stock, fills hoppers, etc for automatic equipment
- Starts up automatic equipment and ensures proper operation by clearing, cleaning and unjamming equipment when necessary
- Monitors and maintains feeding devices to assure stock is moving properly and clears or adjusts air/cylinders when necessary
- Inspects using micrometers or pressure gauges and charting for SPC gauge charting
- Adjusts equipment as necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Skills Requirements
- Basic Computer Skills
- Basic Math & Reading Skills
- Basic Communication Skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to use hand tools, etc.
- Ability to understand LEAN principles to perform job duties for continuous improvement
- Fluent in English and primary language used in area of responsibility and/or location
High School diploma
General Education Degree
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
Physical & Environmental Requirements
Some physical demand; often lifting/moving average weight (25-50 lbs/11-27 kgs) material, may be required to lift up to 70lbs.
Generally good working conditions.
Ability to stand and/or walk constantly over a full work shift (8-12 hours)
Ability to perform occasional to frequent pushing, pulling, bending, kneeling, twisting, crawling and/or reaching over a full work shift (8-12 hours)
Job rotation may be required, where applicable
Briggs & Stratton Corporation, headquartered in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, is the world's largest producer of gasoline engines for outdoor power equipment. Its wholly owned subsidiaries include North America's number one marketer of pressure washers, and it is a leading designer, manufacturer and marketer of power generation, lawn and garden, turf care and job site products through its Briggs & Stratton, Simplicity, Snapper, Snapper Pro Ferris, PowerBoss, Allmand, Billy Goat, Murray, Branco and Victa brands. Briggs & Stratton products are designed, manufactured, marketed and serviced in over 100 countries on six continents.
Briggs & Stratton Corporation is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. The Company conducts all employment practices without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by law. Briggs & Stratton also undertakes affirmative action to assure equal employment opportunity for minorities and women, for persons with disabilities, and for protected veterans.