Seeking experienced Mechanical Engineers to be part of a fast-paced project team which is developing spaceflight environmental control and life support systems. This includes pressure control, atmospheric composition monitoring and control, temperature/humidity control, and vehicle thermal control systems. This position will assist in engineering activity from design and analysis, through prototype development, to spaceflight hardware delivery.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Perform designing concepts, through prototype development, to spaceflight hardware delivery.
- Understand, plan, and execute technical activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions and specific Customer requirements
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings and schematics
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities
- Work with other Engineers to implement operating procedures, resolve system issues and provide technical information
- Prepare material for, and conduct, periodic design reviews
- Ensure conformance of products with Engineering design and performance specifications
- Execute engineering design and development activities consistent with Customer quality, cost, and schedule requirements
- Conduct research that test and analyze the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems
- Estimate costs and submit bids for Engineering
- Serve as a technical resource and mentor within mechanical engineering team.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
- Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Performance Evaluations, Salary Reviews, Succession Planning, etc.
- Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training
- Ability to travel occasionally required
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS in Related Field.
- 3+ years of experience
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks, Unigraphics or similar CAD software
- Finite Element Analysis and Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams
- Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, lab integration and test
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, fast paced environment with emphasizes in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities
- To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Vet