Maintain the school grounds and facilities in a safe and efficient manner. Ensures the building is maintained, including mechanical, electrical, and plumbing work. Outdoor maintenance work will also be assigned as needed, based on staffing, workload, and weather considerations. This position is a back-up/supplement for snow removal, and will be called upon for large snow storms and when staffing considerations require.
1. Assists with maintenance and provides preventative maintenance of the boiler system and auxiliary systems at Divine Savior Holy Angels (DSHA) High School in a safe and efficient manner.
2. Assists with maintenance of the mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems as necessary.
3. Assists with general maintenance of the high school and Sisters of the Divine Savior buildings.
4. Provides a timely response to trouble calls and diagnoses and remedies maintenance problems as requested. Responds to emergency calls.
5. Maintains mechanical maintenance requests and documents tasks as completed.
6. Assists with updating or ordering additional mechanical equipment and supplies as requested, including maintaining inventory.
7. Maintains work area in a clean and orderly fashion and conforms with all DSHA quality and safety regulations.
8. Assists with set-up responsibilities for special events.
9. Reports any unsafe operating conditions or practices to management.
10. Completes other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Position requires a high school diploma or a GED and three years of experience in a maintenance role, preferably in a school environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Effective oral communication skills are essential. PC experience and the ability to use email is required. Carpentry knowledge is desired. Knowledge of OSHA regulations is required. Must be able to operate power tools and essential maintenance equipment. Must be able to complete many tasks with differing deadlines. Incumbent will be on call for emergencies as necessary. Must be able to work independently. Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information. Incumbent should be able to work effectively with diverse populations.
The ability to prioritize duties and to deal with diverse groups is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; talk or hear; and use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. On occasion the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work takes place in primarily an office/school environment; however there is occasional exposure to machinery or outside elements with moderate noise when completing exterior maintenance.
How to Apply:
Interested individuals must complete the online application at www.dsha.info/careers and include resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
Visit www.dsha.info to learn more about Divine Savior Holy Angels High School