This position is on the pricing team for our retail annuity products. Products covered include Registered Index Linked, Variable, Fixed and Payout Annuities. The position has significant freedom to conduct analysis and develop solutions to actuarial issues. The primary purpose is to conduct analysis, and communicate conclusions of analysis, helping to drive desired business performance. Assignments may involve new product pricing, inforce management and other annuity product related work. The position requires the ability to communicate complex analysis and conclusions to business leaders, assisting those leaders in taking appropriate actions to meet company financial objectives. This position has regular interaction with external audiences in support of filings, financials, or audits; and occasional contact with customers.
Helps implement solutions by reviewing data, determining the requirements of a project or program, and communicating them clearly to stakeholders, facilitators and partners. They assist with the business case, organizing requirements, translating and simplifying requirements, and requirements analysis. Analysts may also use requirements to drive the design or review of test cases, process change requests, and manage a project's scope, acceptance, installation and deployment.
Framework General Profile and Scope:
(Standard criteria based on job factors for the career track / level)
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise
- May lead teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
- Solves complex problems, taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions where change is needed
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- Understanding the Business
- Business Acumen
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Organizational Positioning Skills
- Comfort around Higher Management
- Presentation Skills
- Written Communication
- Making Complex Decisions In An Unstructured Environment
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Decision Quality
- Intellectual Horsepower & Agility
- Problem Solving
- Sets expectations for actuarial model capabilities, identify model data needs and available sources.
- Set assumptions and oversees pricing studies, rate filings, analyze and interpret financial results, communicate to product leadership.
- Develop new & creative solutions to actuarial issues.
- Conduct independent analysis and draw conclusions & make recommendations.
- Serve as actuarial viewpoint expert in a wide variety of actuarial subjects, and in company, industry and regulatory practices.
- Provide effective interaction with leadership of underwriting, claims and other units as required by particular project.
- Provide effective interaction with external audiences in support of filings or audits, and occasional contact with customers.
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional Actuary projects
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to persuade a different point of view.
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor's degree in actuarial science, statistics, mathematics or a related field
- Six-plus years of experience in actuarial setting with progressive responsibilities
- FSA or FCAS Level or equivalent
- Experience in annuity pricing and modeling with the AXIS actuarial system preferred
- Broad knowledge or insurance operations and products and emerging issues.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audiences in an informal setting.
- Ability to interact with other functional areas as required.
- Ability to pay attention to detail, produce accurate results and develop self-validation skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
CUNA Mutual Group's insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.
CUNA Mutual Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.