The Edgewood College Office of Residence Life seeks an Area Director to assist in the management of our seven residential communities, consisting of primarily freshman and sophomore students with some upperclass students. This individual will take a lead in the housing operations coordination of all aspects of residence life for a total of 500-600 residents. Additionally, this individual will serve as a resident support person, advise Residence Life Advisory Board, assist with the coordination of programming, adjudicate student conduct and participate in our professional on-call duty rotation. This is a live-on, 11-month (mid-June through mid-May) position.
• Oversee housing operations, including: applications and contracts, room assignments and changes, check-in and check-out procedures, break opening and closing, key inventory, and facilities damage.
• Collaborate with Facilities and Security staff to ensure upkeep of facilities and safety of residents.
• Conduct student judicial hearings.
• Conduct program assessment and evaluation.
• Advise the Residence Life Advisory Board student organization.
• Coordinate the process and assist with hiring of paraprofessional staff.
• Serve as the main point person for all residence life daily operations, procedures and policies.
• Help to facilitate roommate conversations and manage the room change process.
• Serve on a duty rotation providing night and weekend on-call coverage.
• Partner with Student Development, Dominican Life, Athletics and other staff and faculty to develop campus-wide co-curricular programs that meet the changing social, emotional, and spiritual needs of students.
• Provide leadership for programs directed toward the particular needs of residents.
• Assist with the Office for Student Inclusion and Involvement programming activities such as: Fall Fest, Winter Frost, Dream Week, Springfest, night and weekend activities.
• Coordinate various new student orientation events in conjunction with the OSII.
• Partner with Student Development Staff members to ensure a strong residence life program.
• Serve as a member on College committees based on need and professional interest.
• Participate in Orientation, Commencement, College Assemblies and Admissions Events.
• Actively support the missions of Edgewood College and Student Development.
• Continue to develop multicultural competence- the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
• Master’s degree preferred with related experience in residence life or Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 1 year professional experience in residence life
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
• Skilled at leading a diverse team
Demonstrates multicultural competence – the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. The incumbent is expected to support the Mission of The College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values – truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources –RAHO
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer