Career CategoryInformation SystemsJob Description
Amgen is seeking a Specialist Information Systems (IS) Business Systems Analyst to join Operations Information Systems (OIS). The Analyst will work with the Senior Manager for Quality and Regulatory Systems
You will be responsible for providing IS technology leadership for the Environmental Health and Safety functions. The System Analyst will be the primary IS contact and domain expert for specific business capabilities within the EH&S programs and will interact frequently with
Quality and Regulatory business partners, IS & Quality management (EHSS), and service delivery partners to improve business capabilities and actively manage our technology roadmaps.
We support the Quality, EHSS, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Process Development functions to ensure they have the systems and processes necessary to supply lifesaving products to Amgen's Patients around the globe.Key responsibilities of theinclude:
- Partner with EHSS business and IS domain experts to develop and enthusiastically lead technology Roadmaps including new business capabilities, new technologies, software and infrastructure upgrades, SaaS platforms and critical security features.
- Accountable to deliver IS service in alignment with business and IS strategy
- Translate business requirements into functional and non-functional application and service requirements.
- Actively engage with business users to analyze business needs, identify technology solutions gather and document design guided by standard methodologies in Agile solution development.
- Serve as lead Solution Engineer: Lead in-house solution development as well as coordinate supporting team of external contractors and consultants
- Review project work throughout development to ensure quality and traceability to requirements and alignment to all quality management plans and standards. Participate in IS quality validation reviews.
- Manage, refine and prioritize the backlog of requirements/user stories
- Provide subject matter expertise in the event of internal and external audits.
- Ensure business continuity during critical production issues and ensure the problem management process is effectively followed for root cause, corrective actions, and preventative actions.
- Manage service delivery partners to ensure system availability per SLA's and implement proactive measures to reduce the number of incidents and unplanned outages.
- Guide project planning, prioritization, troubleshooting and resolution of complex issues.
- Support day-to-day production run support activities
Master's degree and 2 years of Project Management and Information Systems experienceOr
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of Project Management and Information Systems experienceOr
Associate degree and 10 years of Project Management and Information Systems experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Project Management and Information Systems experience
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in implementing and leading Environmental, Health and Safety programs
- Experience with global EHSS processes including U.S Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations and standards and other non-regulatory safety standards applicable to the location.
- Understanding of FDA regulations governing computer system validation and operation in biotech manufacturing and laboratory areas.
- Extensive experience in a GxP regulated industry.
- Experience with Salesforce and/or AWS or SaaS platforms is a plus
- Experience with Big Data and Analytics is a plus
- Ability to coordinate, manage, and direct multi-functional teams to address and solve business and technical issues.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Project management and business analysis experience.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate/lead multiple projects/activities with competing priorities.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.