This position is responsible for the development of specific designs using
current technology to meet customer requirements in the most economical
manner. This position may report to a senior level Application Engineer,
Application Engineering Supervisor or Application Engineering Manager.
· The Designer provides 2-D and 3-D computer modeling, drawing documentation, and
advanced level design support related assigned customers design activities. Support
is provided on both new and existing applications using current CAD technology.
· Designer may communicate directly with the customer engineering and/or design team,
Modine suppliers, or Modine facilities.
· In specific cases additional skills may be required including the ability to communicate
(verbal, and written) with a customer from a foreign country as well understand their culture. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
· Mastery in all aspects of computer modeling and drawing documentation with additional
consideration to clarity of presentation and conformance to Standard Practices & Work
· Proficiency in change/revision annotation writing and parts chart arrangement.
· Proficiency in spelling and grammar.
· Advanced ability in use of computer applications such as text documents, e-mail,
scheduling, Bill of Materials and routings.
· Proofing ability for Quality Policy, Quality Systems Policy Manual, Standard Practices and
Work Instructions. Acknowledge existence/understanding of Job Description and Material
Safety Data Sheets.
· Advanced ability in design activity with consideration to clearances, component fuction and
fit, ease of manufacturing, safety, customer needs and expectations.
· Ability to communicate clearly and to the point.
· Ability to handle computer data exchanges (outgoing and incoming).
· Familiarity with design requirements, tooling, manufacturing and assembly operations of
multiple product lines to allow assignment changes with little immediate orientation.
· Resolve design problems independently.
· Coordinate multiple projects at the same time.
· Operate in a team and closely with individuals. Be an active participant and instruct/lead/direct/carry out the activities of others. Modine is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Welcomes all Qualified Applicants! EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Modine provides a competitive benefit package, including paid vacation, sick leave, 401(k), health, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending benefits, tuition reimbursement, Health Savings Account, and much more.