VMP is hiring a Full Time Groundskeeper!
Primary duties include snow removal and landscaping as needed. Duties will also include building maintenance as directed by management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes daily work on a timely basis.
- Mows, rakes, weeds, trims, edges, fertilizes and maintains lawns and shrubbery.
- Prune/Trim/Cut down and remove trees
- Plants all exterior plantings and maintains them accordingly.
- Performs snow removal tasks on sidewalks and parking lots using shovels, snow blowers, plows and other related equipment.
- Assists with maintenance of facility vehicles.
- Drives truck or van to transport equipment including but not limited to building equipment, furniture, fixtures, trash and similar materials.
- Performs inside and outside lighting repairs.
- Responds to EMERGENCY/FIRE CODES.
- Share snow removal "on call" responsibilities as assigned during normal off-duty hours.
- Respond to requests and inquiries in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner.
- Performs minor building maintenance as directed by supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires that the individual be on-call as determined by the Director of Buildings and Grounds.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or equivalent
Minimum 2 years experience landscaping and snow plowing, including operating a skid steer and tractor.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must have and maintain valid Wisconsin Drivers License.
Have a valid license or be able to obtain licensure in Pesticide and Fertilizer application within 6 months of date of hire.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to climb ladders and work at rooftop and tree height. Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Will work day and night, indoors and outdoors under extreme temperature variations.
VMP is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.