The Talent Manager will operate as a creator of organizational development (OD) programs and frameworks and serve as an advisor to business leaders and HR Business Partners on a variety of talent related programs including but not limited to, change management, organization design, talent reviews, organizational assessments, succession planning, assessments, high-potential development and continuous performance management. She/he will identify the most critical talent gaps and leverage existing content or design and implement new OD programs and solutions to positively impact business results. She/he will also work closely with members of the Learning team to ensure all organizational and Partner (employee) development programs are well-coordinated and meet talent needs.
Reports to: Senior Director, Human Resources
Direct Supply is the nation's leading supplier of equipment, services and eCommerce systems to the Senior Living profession. Since 1985, we have assembled one of the brightest, hardest-working teams in America. Our high-tech culture is fast paced, and our business continues to grow at an astounding rate year after year. Best of all, we are a Milwaukee-based, 100% employee-owned company that offers great opportunities for ambitious, motivated people.
Essential Job Functions and Leadership Responsibilities:
- Manage and enhance current performance management and goal setting strategies, processes and practices to drive company initiatives which enable a culture of high performance; enhance company-wide understanding in regard to performance management and the impact to organizational objectives.
- Partner with HR Business Partners to diagnose needs, design and propose recommendations and deliver talent solutions that help Direct Supply achieve business results and enhance team delivery of results. Leverage existing tools where possible, create new tools and frameworks, and deploy consistently across the business.
- Identify needs and assist in the design of essential talent management initiatives (Career Paths, High Potential programs, etc.) optimizing all tools available, including Workday.
- Engage in talent and succession planning discussions and design and implement development strategies in partnership with HR COEs, HR Business Partners and leaders to develop and retain identified successors and key talent.
- Gather, analyze and present talent findings to key stakeholders and business leaders. Recommend solutions to improve the effectiveness of Partners, leaders and teams.
- Through use of tools such as talent reviews and organizational assessments, work collaboratively with HR Business Partners and leaders to identify the most critical talent and capability gaps. Provide recommended solutions to close gaps, both at a corporate and individual Partner level.
- Educate HR Business Partners and leaders on available tools, methodologies and processes to support the effective and efficient delivery of OD solutions while also ensuring alignment to business objectives.
- Develop team effectiveness and organizational development solutions for Direct Supply, along with associated materials and tools to enable HR Business Partners and business leaders to build high performing teams.
- Support organizational design needs across the company as requested by business leaders or recommended by HR Business Partners (with support from leadership).
- Provide guidance, advice, and coaching to employees regarding a broad range of OD topics (e.g. our ownership culture, org design, leadership development, change management, etc.).
- Design and implement change management and communication strategies for team and organization-wide initiatives; provide change management expertise and consultation to HR Business Partners and leaders as needed.
- Perform consulting duties for OD-related initiatives and project work to include group facilitation and team building sessions as identified.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on the Workday Talent module. This includes system design and ongoing system support to ensure talent management needs are met.
- Define key performance measures to monitor and evaluate talent program effectiveness and impact. Identify opportunities for continuous improvement. Prepare reports for executive leadership review.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and innovative thinking across all areas of talent management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Communications, Organizational Development, or related field
- 8+ years of relevant business and/or HR experience including:
- Experience designing, implementing, delivering and measuring Organizational Development initiatives (e.g. change management, organizational assessments, organizational design, team development, etc.)
- Experience designing, implementing, delivering and measuring Talent Management initiatives (e.g. high potential identification and development, succession planning, talent reviews and assessments, etc.)
- Previous experience creating and successfully leading organization-wide talent strategies, programs, and projects
- Ability to influence, present to and work successfully with HR Business Partners, Learning Consultants and business leaders at all levels of the organization to deliver high impact solutions that drive superior business results
- Demonstrated ability to generate new and creative approaches to solve problems; proven systems thinking and design experience
- Strong business acumen and strategic mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with experience facilitating diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and execute projects within a defined timeline and flex to changing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to gather and interpret talent data and make recommendations.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and equivalent Google programs.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Master's degree in Organizational Development or Psychology
- Design and implementation experience within an HRIS, specifically Workday
- HR certifications (e.g. SPHR)
- Customer Focus
- Developing Direct Reports and Others
- Integrity and Trust
- Decision Quality
- Managerial Courage
- Personal Learning
- Drive for Results
- Business Acumen
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Organizational Agility
Job Number: 00BYN
Primary Location: WI-Milwaukee