The part-time Graphic Design & Marketing Intern will work (20 hours per week during the summer and 12-20 hours per week during the school year) under the supervision of our Director of Graphic Design & Marketing Projects. He/she must possess strong print and digital design
skills and a background in marketing and communications. He/she will assist in the development of compelling storytelling opportunities, through a variety of design forms to further the mission, vision and brand of DSHA.
• Design compelling print pieces and web-ready graphics including invitations, brochures, advertisements and promotional materials to engage prospective families, current families, alumnae and donors.
• Use the DSHA OnMessage Content Management System (training provided) to edit and build creative and engaging web pages.
• Craft marketing messages for print and digital communications, while maintaining the DSHA brand, visual identity and voice.
• Craft and publish social media posts, as well as assist with planning for future social media strategy. Design and create graphics for social media posts when needed.
• Edit, review and proofread finished projects.
• Take photos of DSHA events and programs.
• Complete other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Qualified candidates must currently be pursuing a degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communications or a related field.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must possess at least 1 year of graphic design experience
• Solid understanding of Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
• Fluent in and passionate about social media platforms
• Ability to collaborate with others and work independently
• Self-motivated and deadline driven
• Able to take direction and execute it accordingly
• Familiar with basic design principles
• Able to concept designs from start to finish
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment Preferred:
• Working knowledge of a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
• Knowledge of creating print-ready files
Interested parties must complete the online application at www.dsha.info/careers and include resume, cover letter and salary expectations.
Visit www.dsha.info to learn more about Divine Savior Holy Angels High School.
Only applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.