At Ascension Living, our vision is to provide high-quality, compassionate, personalized care with dignity, especially to those in our communities who are most in need. This guiding vision is the cornerstone of who we are as a company: national, nonprofit and senior-focused. This position will be located at Alexian Village of Milwaukee.
Prepares food, which is palatable and appetizing in appearance. Reads and reviews menus and recipes for preparation according to proper procedure.
- Prepares food, which is palatable and appetizing in appearance.
- Performs culinary basics and all other techniques as required for food preparation.
- Follows oral or written directions, recipes, menus and instructions.
- Understands and prepares therapeutic and mechanically altered diets according to standardized recipes.
- Tastes food to assure consistency, texture and quality of product.
- Maintains food quality from production to meal service.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment and utensils using safe and sanitary procedures.
- Responsible for avoiding food waste, cleaning work area, and meeting meal schedules.
- Documents and maintains appropriate food temperatures.
- Ensures compliance with food safety standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Maintains basic culinary skills.
- Basic math skills.
- Must possess strong collaborative, interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, verbal and written communication skills, and a desire to create a high-performance, effective team that can produce consistent, demonstrated results.
- Must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and ministry leadership.
- Competencies needed for this position include strong interpersonal relationship skills, detail oriented, work in collaboration with others, demonstrate a high degree of integrity and personal commitment, possess strong analytical skills, be able to work independently and manage multiple deliverables at the same time.
- Ability to function in a matrix environment and demonstrate a passion to succeed be self- motivated, dependable, committed, and a willingness to see a project through to its conclusion.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- One to two years food preparation experience required.