Oshkosh Corporation is a leading manufacturer and marketer of access equipment, specialty vehicles and truck bodies for the primary markets of defense, concrete placement, refuse hauling, access equipment and fire & emergency. Founded in 1917, Oshkosh Corporation has manufacturing operations in nine U.S. states and in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Mexico, The Netherlands, and Romania. The company currently employs approximately 12,100 people worldwide.
Oshkosh Corporation is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. Oshkosh Corporation designs and builds the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Oshkosh is looking for a Project Engineer who can plan projects and direct the activities of the project team to ensure successful completion of the software product. The candidate will be responsible for establishing project plan, schedule, work break down structure, monitoring project progress and coordinating the review of project designs and ensuring the proper implementation of project elements. Prior experience with a structured software development process is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIES
1. Researches, studies, and proposes use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and improved software based products
2. Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
3. Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
4. Evaluate designs for performance, safety, cybersecurity and reliability
5. Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material
6. Perform engineering analysis to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements
7. Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the client. Conduct duties consistent with the Company's mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
8. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, production and service support
9. Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication
10. Provide direction to software and electrical engineers regarding engineering analysis
11. Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
12. Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations
13. Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties
*Bachelor's of Science in Engineering
*5-plus years related experience
*Experience with a project planning system
*Experience with requirements software
*Possess a strong electrical and mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.