Oshkosh Corporation is a leading manufacturer and marketer of access equipment, specialty vehicles and truck bodies for the primary markets of defense, concrete placement, refuse hauling, access equipment and fire & emergency. Founded in 1917, Oshkosh Corporation has manufacturing operations in nine U.S. states and in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Mexico, The Netherlands, and Romania. The company currently employs approximately 12,100 people worldwide.
Oshkosh Corporation is a Fortune 350, multi-billion dollar company. Oshkosh Corporation designs and builds the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
Perform rigorous engineering analysis to support all product groups, using finite element analysis and traditional stress analysis methods, and in-house dynamic analysis software.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide guidance to Project Engineers to ensure the appropriate engineering analysis is performed throughout the design/development process
2. Prepare technical reports summarizing activities and recommendations
3. Manage multiple projects while maintaining schedules
4. Participate actively in the problem solving process
5. Learn additional PC and workstation software to support the engineering analysis function
6. Assist in the design or modification of structural components
7. Work with engineers/designers to gather data for dynamic analysis
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
* 5-plus years related experience
* Good working knowledge of finite element analysis software
* Good mechanical aptitude
* Good background in mechanics of materials
* Good background in Structural Design
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Experience with automotive or heavy-duty equipment
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skillsOshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.