The People Solutions Intern will explore the areas of talent acquisition, employment practices, talent management, Wellness and Inclusion. In collaboration with the Regional Director or Director, s/he will gain knowledge on how policies and programs can be leveraged to meet business needs, and help build and develop the people and culture needed to achieve the CLA promise and firm initiatives.
- Develops understanding of CLA Promise
- Develops understanding of Compensation at CLA
- Grows knowledge around employment practices
- Leadership: Embodies an understanding of the CLA Promise, and is developing knowledge of the CLA business, our industry, and what differentiates us and how People Solutions supports CLA.
- Talent Management: Gains an understanding of local office efforts to build and develop employees through coaching, learning, and experiences through working with People Solutions Regional Director or Director and Career Coach Champions. Develops an understanding of the Compensation the CLA Way philosophy, our Career Coach philosophy and how CLA builds Inspired Careers.
- Employment Practices: Gain and understanding of Employment Practices by Partnering with People Solutions Regional Director or Director on all Employee Relations items across offices, while collaborating locally with leaders to identify immediate risks and situations with the potential to bring risk to the firm and/or employees. Grows knowledge around state and local employment laws. Gains exposure to 30 Day Check-ins and Exit Interview process.
- Talent Acquisition: In partnership with the People Solutions Regional Director or Director, gains exposure to campus and Internal Operations talent acquisition efforts for designated offices. Learns about the CLA Expand the Brand initiative, and how CLA sources candidates, interviews candidates, coaches hiring managers, and provides guidance on compensation. Grows knowledge around CLA's onboarding and orientation practices.
- Inclusion: Grows knowledge around Affirmative Action Plans and collaborates on effective strategies with the People Solutions Regional Director or Director. Learns about potential outreach efforts, how they create a culture of inclusion, and how activities are documented for tracking purposes.
- Wellness: Working with the People Solutions Regional Director or Director gains and understanding of CLA wellness philosophy and the benefits to our employees, the cost savings provided by wellness to CLA and future strategies.
Experience: Internship or relevant college coursework
Education: Relevant college coursework
Certification/ Licenses: None required
CLA exists to create opportunities for our people, our clients, and our communities. We are a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer . All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Click to learn about your hiring rights.
CLA is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.