Fabrication Specialist - 3rd Shift
Our New Berlin based client is seeking hardworking individuals to join their team to produce and assemble seating and positioning equipment according to specifications and quality standards. This team builds custom cushions, which entails cutting foam and material to size and then gluing foam together to complete the base of the cushions. This is a direct hire role, and as an employee, you will enjoy: 9 paid holidays off per year, paid lunch, paid maternity/paternity leave, 401K with a 4% company match, tuition reimbursement and excellent health insurance. If you’d like to return to school this is an excellent opportunity.
In this role you will:
- Read and follow work order specifications to build and assemble parts in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Work from drawings and specifications and use a variety of measuring instruments.
- Operate band saw, grinder, t-nut machine, portable power tools and glue gun.
- Locate materials required to assemble products.
- Enter completed product into production entry.
- Confer and correspond with purchasing group to rectify problems, such as damages, and shortages.
- Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations and maintain departmental housekeeping standards.
- Assist in other departments, as needed, to ensure products are completed on time.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred
- Basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide and metric conversions).
- Ability to read, write, and understand instruction detail written and communicated in English.
- Familiarity with portable power tools such as a drill, band saw, and grinder.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to lift 40 lbs. on a regular basis
- Ability to stand the entire shift