- Milpitas, CA 95035, USA
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
The FireEye IGNITE program offers internships across the following areas of Research & Engineering:
- Endpoint Security
- Email Security
- Malware Research
- Research Science
- FireEye Helix
- Data Science
- Reverse Engineering
At FireEye, you'll gain hands-on experience through technically stimulating project-based internships and learn from the innovators in the advanced threat protection landscape.
NOTE: The IGNITE Intern Program is designed to help students gain hands-on experience through project-based internships. These projects are carefully reviewed internally and will be opened for applications once this process is completed.
In an effort to stay in touch, the University Recruiting team sends newsletters to all who express an interest in the program. These e-newsletters contain information about the company, the program, and our intern position openings.
We understand you are eager to get started and we would like to start getting to know you, as well. Please click "I'm Interested" to upload your resume and create a profile for us to view.
Recent projects in R&E have included:
- Perform leading-edge malware research, analysis (data-mining), and generate content for use in our products
- Extract malware patterns using a machine learning approach
- Investigate large scale analysis and classification techniques of behavioral-based data about malware
- Technology evaluation and proof of concept in:
- Anti-virus technology selection
- Forensics/eDiscovery toolset testing and rationalization
- All applicants must be currently pursuing a degree at an accredited institution
- The ideal candidates will have the desire to make contributions to the company that will be used by current and future employees
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Most importantly, a successful candidate will be passionate about security. Keeping up with the latest advancements in the industry; spend time creating, building and exploring the advancement of threat detection and an inquisitive attitude
Please Note: This position is intended for students to express their interest in our 2019 Research & Engineering Intern Projects - this is not an open position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.