The goal of Family Preservation is to keep families together and prevent out-of-home placements by utilizing client strengths and community resources to help children and families thrive in their homes, schools, and communities.
Scheduling is flexible in order to meet the needs of families, with most contacts occurring in the afternoon and evening hours.
The Program Supervisor has day-to-day responsibilities for one or more programs within the Business Unit. Responsibilities include but are not limited to, effective coordination of day-to-day program operations, direct supervision and performance management of program staff and their work assignments, ensuring the program meets licensing and/or contract requirements, ensuring agency best practice standards are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary.
* Serves as a representative of the agency to internal and external customers regarding the work of programs and services.
* Works as a collaborative team member to support the Continuum of Care model.
* Participates in the compilation of an annual budget.
* Oversees budget expenditures and makes necessary adjustments as needed to meet the financial goals of the program.
* Ensures quality programming and service delivery through the use of best practice standards and contract/licensing requirements.
* Identifies staff training needs to meet best practice standards and licensing/contract requirements.
* Ensures staff is trained to meet identified standards.
* Establishes priorities and directs the work of program staff to include delegating and overseeing work assignments. Conducts performance evaluations of staff.
* Conduct case record reviews and case consultation as necessary.
* May provide direct care and/or carry a case load.
* Performs duties as outlined in the attached Business Unit specific addendum (if applicable).
* Performs other duties as required
* Selects, trains, assigns, coaches and evaluates staff members.
* Supports day-to-day functioning of the program staff to ensure timely implementation and quality of the agency goals and strategies.
* Ensures communication and implementation of agency-wide policies and procedures to program staff.
* Schedules and facilitates staff meetings on an ongoing basis.
* Partners with program manager to respectfully address and resolve human capital issues including promotion, coaching and other performance matters.
* Ensures effective use of human capital to meet best practice standards as well as ensure individual and staff safety.
* Acts as a role model for employees to exemplify how to be an LSS Employee of Choice.
* Understands and communicates LSS mission, vision, values and best practice to staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Upon offer, candidates must successfully complete the necessary background, caregiver, medical and any other checks required, according to program requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation to perform the essential duties of the role; a motor vehicle check (MVR) with a satisfactory driving record per the LSS Driver Safety Procedure is required, and ability to meet LSS auto insurance requirements.
TRAVEL: Position may travel daily between programs. May travel over the two state area on occasion for training and meetings and may include some overnights.
LSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Master Degree or better in Counseling.
Master Degree or better in Human Services.
Master Degree or better in Psychology.
Master Degree or better in Social Work.
Lic Clin Social Worker
Advanced Pract Soc Worker
Lic. Prof Counselor IT
Lic. Prof. Counselor
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.