At Oshkosh Defense, we stand behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others. Every day we strive to meet or exceed our customers' ever-changing needs with next generation defense technologies and advanced systems. We operate with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products and services worldwide to perform their missions.
Oshkosh Defense is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
* Available Position Locations: Oshkosh, Wisconsin - Aberdeen, Maryland - Sierra Vista, Arizona
Are you a patriotic person? Imagine this: You are responsible for testing the capabilities the world's toughest military vehicles before they head out to be used by our brave troops. You know the complete mechanical ins and outs of these vehicles and as a true subject matter expert, you're able to speak and instruct others on how to fix these vehicles. You get to test things on these vehicles from basics like seat belts all the way up to how they withstand extreme heat...and so much more! If you are a mechanically-savvy person open to travel, this is the opportunity for you.
Oshkosh Defense has a need for both Test Technician* and Test Engineers* in Wisconsin, Maryland and Arizona. If you're up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction and pride in knowing you are protecting our warfighters! Competitive pay, per diem and over-time is available. Apply today!
*These positions are contractor positions, employed and payrolled through a 3rd party vendor.
Under the guidance and supervision from the senior engineering staff, plan, coordinate and work with technicians to accomplish projects involving heavy-duty vehicles test and/or development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist with establishing of requirements for testing of heavy-duty vehicles and associated equipment according to the needs of the project.
2. Recommend what equipment resources are necessary to accomplish the test.
3. Assist in formulating project estimates.
4. Assist in creating test plans and implementing them via communication to engineers and technicians.
5. Create plans for fixtures and test apparatuses and supervise their construction and development.
6. Coordinate, supervise and monitor progress of testing.
7. Recommend corrective actions needed to maintain schedule and cost targets.
8. Communicate the status and results of tests as needed.
9. Ability to travel 50%
* Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
* Internship experience or 6-plus months related work experience