At Oshkosh Defense, we stand behind those who dedicate their lives to protecting others. Every day we strive to meet or exceed our customers' ever-changing needs with next generation defense technologies and advanced systems. We operate with unparalleled commitment to those who depend on our products and services worldwide to perform their missions.
Oshkosh Defense is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
*Available Position Locations: Oshkosh, Wisconsin - Aberdeen, Maryland - Sierra Vista, Arizona
Are you a patriotic person? Imagine this: You are responsible for testing the capabilities the world's toughest military vehicles before they head out to be used by our brave troops. You know the complete mechanical ins and outs of these vehicles and as a true subject matter expert, you're able to speak and instruct others on how to fix these vehicles. You get to test things on these vehicles from basics like seat belts all the way up to how they withstand extreme heat...and so much more! If you are a mechanically-savvy person open to travel, this is the opportunity for you.
Oshkosh Defense has a need for both Test Technician* and Test Engineers* in Wisconsin, Maryland and Arizona. If you're up to the challenge, the reward is satisfaction and pride in knowing you are protecting our warfighters! Competitive pay, per diem and over-time is available. Apply today!
*These positions are contractor positions, employed and payrolled through a 3rd party vendor.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- * Conduct testing of prototypes and current products to determine capabilities of vehicles/systems and conformance to specifications and/or regulations in partnership with engineers and senior level technicians.
- * Test and record data using operational knowledge of vehicle systems (electrical pneumatic, hydraulic) using manual entry and data acquisition. Troubleshoot systems, perform basic failure analysis and follow detailed test procedures.
- * Assemble, disassemble, and fabricate complex/customized parts, mechanical structures and test stands/fixtures in partnership with engineers and senior level technicians.
- * Maintain a safe work environment, adhere to all safety procedures during all aspects of job performance which includes regular exposure to personal and physical hazards.
- * Operate heavy equipment/machinery or drive vehicles as required for the purposes of testing or material handling.
- * Determine appropriate test instruments for product testing.
- * Plan and schedule daily activities to complete assignments in their order of priority to make effective use of time and ensure projects are being completed within identified timeline.
- * Communicate effectively and work cross functionally to resolve technical problems including the ability to provide constructive feedback to all levels of the organization. Interpret and execute written/verbal directions and instructions.
- * Technical Diploma with three (3) years of experience in engineering or equivalent*.
- * Knowledge of automotive and mechanical terms.
- * A Commercial Driver's License (CDL) or a Telehandler and AWP operator license.
- * Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, government regulations and procedure manuals.
- * Ability to adapt to a fast pace environment.
- * Detail oriented.
- * Verbal and written communication skills.
- * Mechanic tool set and tool box (required at Defense segment).
- * Ability to travel 50%.