Fincantieri Marinette Marine, a Fincantieri Marine Group Company, is a progressive shipyard specializing in building ships for the United States Navy. We currently have an opportunity for a Senior Human Resources Generalist at our Marinette, Wisconsin location.
The Senior Human Resources Generalist position will have the opportunity to work within the full scope of generalist activity: policy administration, recruitment, employee and labor relations, performance management, and regulatory & legal compliance in a collaborative, team based environment, with a focus in employee training and development. Assignments are expected to include a broad range of Human Resources activities across the full spectrum of employee groups.
The Senior HR Generalist is responsible for planning, organizing, leading, designing, scheduling, tracking, teaching various curriculum to support FMM training activities across all levels from technical, new hire, orientation, and leadership content, for example.
The Senior HR Generalist is also responsible for maintaining training records, the management of training contracts and deliverables, and the overall training budget. The Senior HR Generalist will analyze, identify, and develop training needs within the organization to develop new training programs or modify and improve existing programs. He/she will confer with management and conduct surveys to identify training needs based on both projected organization and individual's needs. He/she will develop and organize training manuals, trade handbooks, multi-media visual aids, and other educational materials.
Successful candidates will train instructors and supervisors in techniques and skills for training and dealing with employees and evaluate instructor performance and the effectiveness of training programs, providing recommendations for improvement and new technology requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages full cycle training activity
- Employee Training & Development: conducting new employee orientation sessions and other HR related management development training sessions. Assist HR Manager/ Director with training delivery and training needs assessment
- Manages recruiting for assigned hourly, non-exempt, and temporary positions. Oversees development of recruitment ads. Posts jobs to build candidate pool, reviews resumes, conducts telephone screens, interviews candidates, and creates final approved offers.
- Prepares reports, presentations, business communications, data summaries, and other documents of both a recurring and non-recurring nature. Performs moderately complex analyses of data to draw inferences or conclusions.
- Takes a lead role in employee relations -- gathers data, conducts investigations, reports findings, etc.
- Develop and institute HR best practices of the department's policy, procedures, and processes.
- Supports inquiries related to benefits, retirement, compensation, etc.
- Leads routine HR projects including communications, conducting meetings, tracking results, reporting.
- Policy Management: including administering/interpreting company policies and assisting the HR Manager in employment issues, labor law and employment law compliance related investigations and hearings.
- Systems: utilization of the various ADP modules and analyze HR metrics identifying key trends and the ability to recommend improvements.
- Investigate, write reports and bring to conclusion employee complaints and associated issues
- Routinely audits Company employee files and employment law postings for accuracy and adherence to established guidelines and applicable federal and state laws.
- Partners with the management team to align organization to best accomplish objectives.
- Administers Exit Interviews and relays information to the proper channels.
- Performs administrative duties as required and additional duties as assigned.
- Must abide by and enforce all organizational policies and procedures.
- Communicates with all management/supervisor levels, union personnel, contractors, and on-site customer personnel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources management, labor relations, business administration or related field.
- 4+ years' experience in HR generalist or specialist role.
- This requirement can also be met with an Associate's degree in a related field and at least 6 years of related professional level experience or a High School Diploma and at least 8 years of related professional level experience.
- Knowledge of:
- HR Policy and Procedure
- Employment law (EEO, ADA, AA, FLMA, etc.)
- Compensation practices
- Recruitment & staffing practices
- Multiple HR disciplines including benefits and compensation
- Comfort working in a team environment
- Knowledge of applicable human resources related federal regulations.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels within an organization.
- Strong written, verbal and listening skills.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office Suite computer skills
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional demeanor.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Instruct various technical, leadership, and support curriculum
Fincantieri Marinette Marine offers competitive pay with benefits in a growth-oriented environment. Qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to apply. Apply online at
Fincantieri Marinette Marine is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment. Minorities, Women, Veterans and Disabled are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.