Broadwind Energy is seeking a Certified Quality Ultrasonic Inspector Level II to join our team in Manitowoc, WI. This position ensures product meets Broadwind and customer requirements or specifications throughout the production process by inspecting the quality of welded joints in metallic materials.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (May include some or all of the following
- Set up and calibrate UT equipment, accurately documenting /recording results
- Inspect roduct to customer specification, which includes accurately detecting discontinuities and recording inspection results
- Communicate major non-conformances effectively
- Responsible for all aspects of NDT related records
- Maintains confidentiality of records and information
- Maintains inspection of tools and equipment
- Interpret and analyze information, provide technical advice
- Document and record experience hours
- Input data into computerized information systems used in quality applications
- Train and supervise Ultrasonic Technician Level I employees (audit inspections, oversee calibration of equipment and weld inspections)
- Actively support all EHS and continuous improvement initiatives
- Understanding of customer specifications concerning VT requirements, UT requirements, AWS, EN, SNT-TC-1A,
and ISO 5817.
- Able to read blue prints and have an understanding of lean manufacturing practices and cost effectiveness.
- Understands how to organize resources and establish priorities.
- Effectively utilizes all methods of communication.
- Understand computerized information systems used in quality applications.
- Able to utilize EPOCH XT/LT.
- Ability to efficiently and independently use ruler/steel rule, weld toe gauge, and bridge-cam.
- Able to explain concepts and teach others to do essential functions of UT level I.
- Able to locate and reference all work instructions pertaining to current job or project.
- Complete and gain certification by attending class for Ultrasonic Technician level I and Ultrasonic Technician level II.
- Pass general, practical, specific test and record hours of inspection.
- Pass vision acuity test and become a certified UT II by a UT III.
- High school diploma/GED and completion of a 40 hour accredited Ultrasound Inspection Level I and 40 Level II course.
- On the job training experience equivalent to 1200 hours that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified in SNT-TC-1A .
- Has experience preferably in a field that offers a well-rounded background.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and can effectively use e-mail.
To learn more about the company, please visit our website at .
Broadwind Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Broadwind Energy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.