At Ascension Living, our vision is to provide high-quality, compassionate, personalized care with dignity, especially to those in our communities who are most in need. This guiding vision is the cornerstone of who we are as a company: national, nonprofit and senior-focused. This position will be located at Alexian Village of Milwaukee.
Assists the resident by performing various tasks relating to nutrition, housekeeping and/or activities.
- Arranges and prepares dining room area(s) for meals.
- Assists in preparing and serving meals, documenting meal/snack intake, and maintaining sufficient inventories of food and supplies.
- Responds to residents’ requests, needs or concerns in a timely manner.
- Comprehends and follows menus and diet cards taking into consideration resident food preferences, allergies and consistencies.
- Buses tables, washes, sanitizes and stores dishes.
- Cleans and sanitizes working, serving and dining areas including appliances.
- Properly handles the use and storage of chemicals, supplies and cleaning equipment.
- Documents food, dishwasher, and refrigerator temperatures, reporting any variations to supervisor.
- Ensures compliance with food safety standards and regulatory guidelines.
- Communicates resident or family concerns to the appropriate department(s).
- May perform various housekeeping tasks, assist residents during activities, and/or escort residents throughout the ministry.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous experience in food service preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must possess strong collaborative, interpersonal, organizational, multi-tasking, verbal and written communication skills, and a desire to create a high-performance, effective team that can produce consistent, demonstrated results.
- Must demonstrate on an ongoing basis the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with co-workers and ministry leadership.
- Competencies needed for this position include strong interpersonal relationship skills, detail oriented, work in collaboration with others, demonstrate a high degree of integrity and personal commitment, possess strong analytical skills, be able to work independently and manage multiple deliverables at the same time.
- Ability to function in a matrix environment and demonstrate a passion to succeed be self- motivated, dependable, committed, and a willingness to see a project through to its conclusion.
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office is required.