This position is responsible for performing skilled maintenance and/or repair work of an assigned area. Responsibilities may include maintaining and repairing systems; constructing, installing, or repairing structures; painting surfaces; and/or performing standard grounds maintenance and custodial tasks.
TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Performs repairs of an assigned area, including: repairing or replacing pipes, toilets, light fixtures, circuit breakers, furnaces, appliances, and other materials.
- Repairs windows, doors, and frames; replacing drywall; repairing cabinets, walls, building structures, counter tops, and other structures.
- Responsible for turning around vacant units for occupancy: including repairing and cleaning.
- Performs standard grounds maintenance, including: removing snow; performing landscaping; and mowing lawns.
- Assist contractors performing services at developments.
- Performs standard cleaning and trash removal tasks.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
KNOWLEDGE (position requirements at entry):
- Related tools, equipment, and materials;
- Methods of installing various structures;
SKILLS (position requirements at entry):
- Repairing various structures and systems;
- Using tools, equipment, and materials;
- Constructing various structures;
- Painting interior and exterior areas of buildings;
- Performing standard grounds maintenance;
- Cleaning assigned areas;
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
High School Diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.); 2-4 years of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Knowledge of Lead Abatement and Asbestos.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
- Lead Abatement Certification
- Asbestos Certification
- Valid Wisconsin Driver License
- Positions in this class typically require: climbing, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Medium Work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Incumbents may be subjected to fumes, odors, dusts, gases, poor ventilation, intense noise, extreme temperatures, and travel.
Independent Judgment/Decision Making/Problem Solving:
Performs tasks and duties under general supervision, using established procedures and some innovation. Chooses from limited alternatives to resolve problems. Occasional independent judgment is required to complete work assignments. Often makes recommendations to work procedures, policies, and practices. Refers unusual problems to supervisor.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.