Under the supervision of the Melt Supervisor, the Shakeout Operator is responsible for shaking out the poured molds and removing the molds from the sand in order for the Molders to have room to mold.
Education generally equivalent to a high school diploma is preferred.
Work Experience Needed.-
One to three years of verifiable work history. Foundry Experience is preferred.
Special Skills/Abilities Needed:
Nature & Scope-Princival Areas of Responsibilities:
- Ability to operate within a team atmosphere.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other employees of the organization
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Active Listening skill- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- A forklift training certificate is required
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management deem necessary from time to time,
- Dumps molds onto shaker pan so that the molds can move down the shaker.
- Clears deck so that molders have room to mold.
- Places castings onto pallets or steel tubs with the assistance of a forklift and a hoist.
- Shoveling sand out of the pit on a daily basis.
- Transports castings to blast staging area.
- Collects and dumps shakeout sand onto sand pile.