Retail Sales Supervisor
Responsible for managing a retail staff within a business. Coordinates the shipping of goods, sets up displays, and assists customers and staff during business hours.
- Manage retail staff, including cashiers and people working on the floor.
- Meet financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Formulate pricing policies.
- Determine daily coupons.
- Ensure pricing is correct.
- Work on store displays.
- Attend trade shows to identify new products and services.
- Coach, counsel, recruit, train, and discipline employees.
- Evaluate on-the-job performance.
- Identify current and future trends that appeal to consumers.
- Ensure merchandise is clean and ready to be displayed.
- Approve contracts with vendors.
- Maintain inventory and ensure items are in stock.
- Keep up with fluctuating supply and demand.
- Analyze operating and financial statements for profitability ratios.
- Ensure promotions are accurate and merchandised to the company’s standards.
- Utilize information technology to record sales figures, for data analysis and forward planning.
- Ensure standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met.
- Monitor local competitors.
- Ensure hours of operation are in compliance with local laws.
- Maintain store's cleanliness and health and safety measures.
- Organize and distribute staff schedules.
- Preside over staff meetings.
- Help retail sales staff achieve sales targets.
- Manage different departments within the store.
- Handle customer questions, complaints, and issues.