Responsible for sourcing, interviewing, and screening applicants for present and future job opportunities. Advertises job openings, interviews applicants, selects the most suitable match, and screens applicant by checking background and references.
- Source or search for applicants on the Internet and in a company's applicant tracking system.
- Meet with hiring managers to determine job duties.
- Write job descriptions.
- Match applicants to job openings.
- Source for future job openings.
- List job postings on job boards, social media, corporate career web sites, and other possible channels.
- View applications.
- Call applicants and perform phone screens.
- Have applicants come in for formal interviews.
- Instruct applicants on the nature of the job and whom they will be speaking with during the interview.
- Arrange for travel and lodging.
- Facilitate meeting between hiring manager and applicant.
- Interview applicants.
- Hand out and grade assessments.
- Participate in final selection of applicant.
- Create portfolio of possible candidates for hiring manager.
- Check references.
- Perform background checks on applicants and identify potential red flags.
- Initiate drug tests and interpret results.
- Inform candidate of company's decision.
- Compose offer letters and negotiate salary and benefits.
- Inform applicants not chosen of company's decision.
- Keep track of all applications file away important notations such as gender, race, and ethnicity.
- Talk with civic, social, and other groups to provide information concerning job possibilities.
- Travel to colleges to recruit students.
- Forecast budgets for recruiting expenses.
- Participate in implementing new recruiting technology, such as applicant tracking systems and screening tools.