Give hope. Give health. Make your mark in the fight against cancer.
At Accuray, we make a direct and powerful impact on the lives of cancer patients every day - helping them live longer, better lives. But our commitment to innovation offers a truly unique opportunity: the chance to change the fight against cancer - helping to develop, introduce and support new treatment delivery systems and software that will give new hope and new health to cancer patients and cancer survivors around the world.
Accuray develops, manufactures and sells radiotherapy systems for alternative cancer treatments. Our radiation therapy for cancer makestreatment shorter, safer, personalized and more effective, ultimately enabling patients to live longer, better lives.
The Repair Technician is responsible for the re-manufacture and repair activities of linear accelerators (linacs) that allow Accuray to provide products that meet customer needs following regulatory requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs CNC machining operations in the Linac Repair Center
- Performs precision Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) welding of copper, Kovar, and stainless steel.
- Investigates field returns to decide what the failure was and what actions need to be taken for repair.
- Assembles and disassembles linear accelerators in accordance with schedules, quality system requirements, procedures, and work instructions
- Uses RF equipment for tuning of linear accelerators
- Assists in the development of manufacturing instructions that document and control the repair process.
- Provides feedback to Engineering personnel concerning manufacturing needs and product enhancements that would improve both quality and ease of manufacturing/servicing of the product
- Assists in the timely resolution of safety and quality issues
- Interfaces and supports regulatory affairs as required to help ensure production processes and facilities are following FDA, OSHA and other applicable regulations
- Implements and uses special facility controls that may be required, for example, ESD, cleanliness, etc.
- May assist in the development of manufacturing tool and fixture requirements and promote ongoing control
- May assist the training of manufacturing area personnel, as required
- May assist in deployment of product changes (ECO's) to ensure correct implementation.
- May also assist in the development of facility requirements to accommodate production, including workflow, shelving, other storage, and workstations
- Associate degree in production, manufacturing engineering, general engineering field, or at least three years' relevant experience working in manufacturing or engineering activities
- Experience in precision TIG welding of medium- and thin-section stainless steel, copper, and Kovar preferred.
- Basis knowledge of CNC Machining experience preferred
- Experience with high voltage and RF equipment preferred
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with all levels of employees, suppliers, and customers
- The ability to follow manufacturing instructions guidelines with strong attention to detail
- Experience in interpretation and use of product design drawings and related documentation
- Experience in ESD and cleanliness special control processes
- Knowledge of safety and health (OSHA), FDA and ISO 9001 or similar quality system requirements
- Strong mechanical skills, as demonstrated by use of hand and power tools
- Experience in the operation of heavily documented and controlled production processes
- Experience in product testing and understanding of calibration control
- Experience with personal computer systems, including word processing, spreadsheet reports, and email
- Must regularly lift and/or move physical inventory weighing up to 75 pounds
- Must be able to stand for long periods while working
To qualify for this position, candidates must be able to furnish proof that they are authorized to work in the country they are applying on a permanent basis without sponsorship.
At Accuray, our commitment to patient-first outcomes drives an inclusive and collaborative work environment where the best ideas rise to the top - and everyone works to push them further. We value diversity in both the professional and personal backgrounds of our employees, as this variety adds rich energy to every team, every project and every work day. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin - including individuals with disabilities and veterans.
We are an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.