User Experience Designer
Location: Milwaukee, WI (53209)
Job ID: #63134
Duration: 6 mos
Pay Rate: DOE - $ ph (W2)
As a User Experience (UX) Designer, you are responsible for executing design work consistent with brand standards, design standards and customer feedback. You will take direction from a Senior UX team members and require some guidance to deliver design work effectively. You will always advocate for user needs while effectively negotiating trade-offs with product management and engineering.
1. Collaborate with other UX designers, researchers and strategists to create sitemaps, workflows, wireframes, concepts, prototypes, sketches, etc.
2. Take direction from and collaborate with the UX leadership.
3. Use design pattern library to create experience designs for products.
4. Collaborate with project team including, engineers, product owners, product managers and others to define product experience.
5. Participate in user research activities and incorporate findings into UXD deliverables.
1. Ability to translate verbal ideas and brainstorming sessions into visual concepts and prototypes.
2. Expertise in industry standard wireframing, graphic design, and/or prototyping software, such as Axure and Adobe Creative Suite
3. Ability to refine designs throughout the development process due to scope change and technical limitations.
4. Experience conducting or observing user feedback sessions, including low- and high-fidelity usability testing.
5. Ability to create design experiences for web, mobile, and tablets.
6. Demonstrates design thinking skills, with an eye for innovation and a look to the future.
7. Create empathetic, user-focused product designs.
8. Excellent problem solving and design thinking skills.
9. Strong planning and organizational skills.
10. A passion for good design and an ability to resolve challenges.
11. Ability to balance user needs with business requirements.
A bachelor's degree (BA or BS) is required (advanced degree a plus), and a minimum of 3+ years of experience in UX design, user research, or related fields. Proficiency with computer applications appropriate to the position and assignment. An understanding of the building controls and HVAC industry is a plus.
Occasional travel may be required to build and maintain relationships and to gain a clear understanding of user needs.
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.