FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports To: Vice President, Learning
Amount of Travel Required: Day-8/month; Overnight 2/month
Salary Grade: G
Positions Supervised: Direct supervision of Associate Deans, Office Supervisor, Faculty and Lab Technicians. Indirect supervision of Faculty, Lab Technicians, and office support and part time employees.
LOCATION: Green Bay Campus
STANDARD HOURS: Typical hours Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm; Flexibility required to work other hours as necessary.
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY*: $109,350/year
*Current benefit eligible employees will be placed within the pay range based on their current rate/range.
Required online application available on website:
Application, cover letter, and resume Required
Priority given to applications received before August 24, 2019
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
Provide leadership in the strategic engagement and alignment of the department in achieving the mission, vision, values and strategic priorities of the college. Also provide leadership in product development, quality instructional and assessment practices, student success outcomes, and collaborative partnerships within the community. Serve as a member of the Learning Leadership Team and Senior Leadership Team.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Provide inspirational leadership to the design, development, and implementation of department policies, procedures, programs, and initiatives that support student success. Create an environment of open, honest dialogue.
- Develop and articulate a clear vision and direction that utilizes innovation and creativity to maximize opportunities for improvement and growth for the department, division, and College and that align with strategic initiatives of the College and student success.
- Lead planning, budgeting, and resource allocation efforts to maximize operational efficiency and a state-of-the-art learning environment.
- Cultivate an organizational/team climate, which engages staff and faculty to live NWTC's values, develop, and accomplish the goals and objectives of the team action plan as it relates to the division and the College.
- Foster an environment which values the diversity of ideas and people; attract and retain a culturally diverse workforce.
- Manage the human resource needs of the department including the selection, retention, performance management, and development of employees, both direct and indirect reporting employees.
- Utilize overarching to ensure that division, instructional areas, and regional productivity and improvement goals are met.
- Ensure viable, relevant, and high-quality curriculum is utilized in all program areas, i.e. associate degree, technical diploma, apprenticeship, certificate, and continuing education.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures to ensure compliance with State, Federal, district,
and college and programmatic accreditation requirements and to ensure a safe learning environment.
- Participate in the Learning Leadership Team to provide input on academic policy and programs and other matters related to the College.
- Develop and manage strategic partner relationships with technology suppliers, business and industry, community organizations, and secondary and post-secondary educational institutions. Partner with post-secondary educational institutions to develop academic policies and programs.
- Develop, manage, and coordinate strategic initiatives to enhance economic development, i.e. K-12 initiatives, committee and board participation on strategic initiatives (local, state, and national), assisting with securing grant funding, etc.
- Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College's values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
- Student Success - Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Financial Aptitude - Ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, prepare and manage budgets, and make sound long-term investment decisions.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
- Strategic Planning - Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long-range goals can be achieved.
- Team Builder - Ability to convince a group of people to work toward a goal.
- Five years occupational experience outside the field of education
- Three years supervisory experience
- Two years teaching experience or equivalent.
- Working in a field related to one or more disciplines in the department
- Experience teaching in post-secondary education
Must hold a valid driver's license and be insurable under the District's standard insurance policy terms.
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.