Description: The Accounting Intern supports the Accounting Department in accurate and timely completion of critical task and functions that keep the organization in compliance with GAAP. This position reports to the Accounting Manager. This position requires extreme attention to detail and applicant must be able to multi-task. Internship role needed from December through May, with a possible extension through the summer. Company will work with school schedule.
The key responsibilities of the Accounting Intern include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Process invoices for payment by performing three-way match and/or review approval of all invoices.
- Enter payment data into the accounts payable system using established procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
- Process travel and entertainment expense reports, review expense reports for compliance with authorized travel policy and contact employee to resolve documentation or policy discrepancies.
- Perform other related duties as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required and pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in accounting/finance.
- Strong problem-solving skills, attention to detail, organizational and documentation skills.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work independently and flexibility to perform in multi-task situations.
- Goal setting and prioritization skills are a must.
- Proficient in Excel.
Cabot Microelectronics Corporation is a M/F, Disabled and Veteran EEO/AA Employer.