Homes for Independent Living was founded in 1977 and we operate more than 100 programs located in more than 14 Wisconsin counties. We are the leader in providing residential and community-based services for individuals with a wide array of disabilities.Our philosophy is simple; give people the opportunity to achieve goals, meet challenges, fulfill dreams and ultimately live well.We help individuals reach their greatest level of independence through choices, opportunities, and experiences.
THESE POSITIONS ARE LOCATED IN WEST BEND, WI.
Responsibilities may include: -
- Medication Administration/Health monitoring
- Community Integration/Transportation
- Cooking/Assistance with feeding
- Light housekeeping
- Support Individual's Service Plan
- Ability to drive clients to appointments, day programs.
What we look for in our Independent Living Assistants:
- You can “think on your feet”
- You have experience or a strong desire to provide support to people with developmental disabilities , mental illness , and behavioral challenges
- You are generally laid back in nature ; capable of letting things “roll off your back”
- You have a solid philosophy that supports and encourages people to make their own choices and decisions
- You genuinely want to have a positive impact in the life of someone who has had many obstacles to overcome
- You believe it is your job to adapt to people in order to provide them with what they want and need
- You have flexible communication styles and are considered a good listener
- You have a great sense of humor
Disclaimer: The career event and job fair calendar on the website is a complimentary resource for employers and career event organizers. Job seekers are strongly encouraged to verify the dates and details of the career events and job fairs posted on our website prior to attending. The Local JobNetwork™ disclaims all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on any or all of the events posted on our website.