The TMJ & Orofacial Pain Treatment Centers of Wisconsin
are here to provide compassionate care and understanding to those patients experiencing TMJ joint pain. Our doctors are fellowship trained, board certified and have the most experience in comprehensive TMJ diagnosis and non-surgical therapy.
Most common first signs of TMJ:
What is Temporomandibular Disorder (TMD)?
- Clicking or popping noise in the joint
- Limited or abnormal jaw opening
- Pain when chewing or talking
- Jaw pain or discomfort
- Pain in facial muscles
- Neck Pain
“TMD” stands for “temporomandibular disorder” and refers to problems related to pain and improper functioning of:
- Your jaw joints (which are among the most complex joints in the human body)
- Muscles surrounding your jaw joints
- Associated structures in your head, neck, and face (including but not limited to your teeth)
The sooner TMD is accurately diagnosed, the easier it is to treat. Although there is no “cure” for TMD, many patients experience relief of their symptoms shortly after beginning treatment. In addition, more than 95% of all patients can be treated successfully and without surgery of any kind!