Since 1947, BloodCenter of Wisconsin
has been serving Wisconsin communities by providing life-saving blood products to community hospitals throughout the state. BloodCenter of Wisconsin is a not-for-profit organization specializing in blood collection and distribution, diagnostic testing, medical services and research. While BloodCenter of Wisconsin is best known for our blood collection efforts, we are constantly Doing More Good Than You Know by advancing patient care in many other ways. BloodCenter’s operations are comprised of five basic components:
- Diagnostic Laboratories performs specialized testing for hospitals and physicians in the diagnosis of blood and genetic disorders and matching donors and patients in need of transplants.
- Medical Sciences Institute provides consultation and medical direction for transfusion services in hospitals, and treatment to patients with blood related disorders.
- The Blood Research Institute is a premier center for the investigation of blood-related diseases and conditions like sickle-cell disease and hemophilia. For over 60 years the Blood Research Institute has made scientific breakthroughs affecting patients with heart disease, stroke, cancer, immune system disorders and blood diseases.
- Blood Services ensures a safe and stable blood supply for local hospitals. Every day hundreds of generous volunteer blood donors donate blood.
- Organ and Tissue Donation combines procurement services and education to enhance the lives of patients and provide guidance to the families of potential donors.
BloodCenter is affiliated with the Blood Centers of America and the Community Blood Centers of Wisconsin. It maintains membership in the American Association of Blood Banks, America’s Blood Centers, and the Wisconsin Association of Blood Banks. Funding for research programs is obtained through organizations such as the National Institutes of Health and the American Heart Association. It was founded in 1947 by the Junior League of Milwaukee with the support of the Milwaukee County Medical Society and the Hospital Council of Greater Milwaukee. Quality patient care is what BloodCenter is all about. Our mission is: "to improve people’s lives through developing and providing innovative science and service."
Employment Benefits Benefits are available to all full-time and part-time employees.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- PTO Bank (paid time off bank includes vacation and personal days)
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Travel/Accident Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- 403(b) Plan - Employer Match
- Retirement Account Plan
- Flexible Spending Plan
Other Benefits Available:
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Pre-Paid Legal
- MetLife - Home & Auto insurance