Transmission, Substation, Civil Construction Supervisor II-23469
This position is for a Transmission, Substation, Civil Construction Supervisor II. This person will supervise the Foreman, General Foreman, and up to 125 craft employees for timely completion and compliance of our construction projects in Minnesota and Wisconsin service territories. The position will also coordinate work with other contractors and in-house field employees to complete projects on time, within budget while maintaining the highest level of quality.
Supervises Field Operations employees in the construction, operations and maintenance of transmission line facilities to ensure the efficient and cost-effective use of construction resources for projects according to field operations policies and procedures to assure a safe reliable transmission system while ensuring customer satisfaction. Ensure consistent and effective use of construction resources, tools and processes. Provide resident technical matter expertise, and real-time technical support services to design, construction and operations field forces. Supports attainment of corporate and business unit goals and objectives. Performs all duties and functions as associated with Supervisor I position as needed. Verifies and approves of labor and equipment of contractor invoices.
- Responsible for effective and efficient use of resources with emphasis on safety, customer satisfaction, quality improvement, and regulatory compliance. Supervise assigned staff (bargaining and/or non-bargaining). Attract, recruit and retain qualified staff. Establish and communicate clear performance expectations and manage employee performance. Administer bargaining union agreements within area of responsibility. Remove obstacles, resolve variances and provide assistance to crew leaders and members to improve project and work performance.
- Directs field operations activities to ensure safety, reliability and cost effectiveness. Promote a safe work environment; conduct safety site audits and incident analyses. Manage O & M budgets for area including implementing plans, programs, contingencies and recommendations to meet budget and track expenses.
- Primary contact and responsibility for problem resolution involving labor. Responsible for compliance with Xcel Energy standards, federal, D.O.T, state and local regulations.
- Provide technical expertise in the construction, operations and maintenance of transmission line systems. Responsibilities include on call duties and assistance during emergency situations.
- Develop a daily work plan in coordination with the Transmission Construction & Maintenance Manager and Strategic Resource Planning personnel to meet the requirements of resource plan. Oversees assigned contract resources to specified work.
- Maintain data integrity within the various systems used to manage daily work and scheduling activities. Create daily crew roster, which includes crew complement, location of work, equipment being used and equipment availability. As needed, request locates and materials coordinate all equipment to complete the work. Perform radio/telephone-dispatching functions to eliminate non-productive field time.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field (6 years experience in a related field may substitute for the degree)
- 5 years experience in construction, operations, or maintenance of transmission and/or distribution electric systems
- 2 years supervisory experience
- Knowledge of transmission electric system construction, operations, maintenance standards & procedures and applicable government regulations
- Working knowledge of union labor agreements
- 5 years transmission construction/maintenance experience
- Proficient in the use of Passport, Outlook & Microsoft Office suite
Primary Location:MN-Maple Grove
Other Locations:MN-Maple Grove