A Caring Program with a Traditon of Excellence
The goal of Tomorrow's Children is to create a positive, healthy environment for each child. Children/Adolescents in trauma experience fear, chaos, unpredictability and frustration. Their brain is stimulated and because of the over-stimulation, they have a lower ability to handle stressful situations. Their energy is centered on finding safety. Tomorrow's Children provides a structured, safe environment that provides stability and security for traumatized children.
Our mission is to provide the children/adolescents with a safe, positive, caring, learning environment while teaching them to be successful in a community setting.
- One of the most unique aspects of our program is the ability to design an individual treatment plan to fit each child's specific needs.
- Tomorrow's Children focuses on enhancing positive change with the intent of returning the child to their family/community as soon as possible.
- We begin the process of transitioning the child to their home upon admission.
- Individual/group counseling is integrated into each child's treatment plan to better facilitate and learn the process of internal control.
- We follow a trauma informed plan of care.
- Flexible family/caretaker involvement.
- Home-like environment utilizing ranch style homes.
- Team approach with a high staff to child ratio.
- Utilization of small group care and instruction to maximize each child's potential and involvement in the program.
- Unique, comprehensive on-grounds educational program.
- Leisure time skill building .
- Involvement in public school whenever appropriate.
- 30 day assessments and/or short term program.